June 7, 2010
Astronauts4Hire expands its team of Commercial Astronaut Candidates
Astronauts4Hire announced today that it has selected six new members, bringing the total number of commercial astronaut candidates in the organization to seventeen. The new Astronauts4Hire recruits bring a great depth of experience to the initiative to develop a pool of qualified commercial astronauts. Many of them are private pilots with a long resume of experience working in the aerospace industry and have extensive experience working in microgravity aboard parabolic flights. One new member is a professional triathlete and author of several books on the topic of astronaut training.
- Ben Corbin – Ph.D. Student, MIT
- José Miguel Hurtado, Jr. – Associate Professor, University of Texas at El Paso
- Jason Reimuller – Ph.D. Candidate, University of Colorado
- Todd Romberger – Mechanical Engineer, ASRC Aerospace
- Erik Seedhouse – Consultant, Author, and Athlete
- Alli Taylor – Satellite Systems Engineer, Lockheed Martin
For more information about Astronauts4Hire, its initial astronaut candidates, and sponsorship opportunities, please visit: www.astronauts4hire.org
Interested parties can download and distribute the press release as a MS Word or Adobe PDF document.