February 28, 2011
Astronauts4Hire Announces Selection of New Flight Members
"The selection process was painstaking," said Astronauts4hire Vice President and Membership Chair Jason Reimuller. "We received numerous applications and over the course of a month had to chose only a handful of applicants who showed just the right balance of professional establishment, broad technical and operational experience, and a background that indicates adaptability to the spaceflight environment."
The new Astronauts4Hire Flight Members are accomplished research professionals spanning diverse fields of science, engineering, and medicine:
- Christopher Altman – Graduate Fellow, Delft University of Technology
- Dr. Jon-Erik Dahlin – applied physics, engineering, and education consultant
- Melania Guerra – Ph.D. candidate, Scripps Institution of Oceanography
- Dr. Mindy Howard – Sustainable Development Manager, Royal Dutch Shell Group
- Dr. Kris Lehnhardt, MD – Assistant Professor, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, George Washington University
- Dr. Abhishek Tripathi – Lead Systems Engineer, commercial space transportation services
- Dr. Cosan Unuvar – materials science and microgravity research consultant
- Dr. Pavel Zagadailov, MD – physician and biomedical researcher
- Luis Zea – Ph.D. student, University of Colorado
"With the addition of these new members to the organization, Astronautst4Hire has solidified its standing as the premier provider of scientist-astronaut candidates," said Astronauts4Hire President Brian Shiro. "Our diverse pool of astronauts-in-training represent more than two dozen disciplines of science and technology, speak 16 languages, and hail from 11 countries. We can now handle a much greater range of missions in different geographic regions."