June 3, 2013
Astronauts for Hire Adds Six New Commercial Astronaut Candidates
March 2013 call for applications.
"The selection of the new class of A4H flight members marks our commitment to a future important role in the commercial spaceflight arena," said A4H Training Officer Dr. Erik Seedhouse. "The A4H selection committee was inspired by the outstanding talent we saw in the candidates who applied to become flight members, and we wish the new class well in their training. These flight members will continue to motivate and inspire those who want to reach for their dreams."
The six new flight members chosen in this selection campaign are accomplished professionals representing diverse fields of science, engineering, medicine, and aviation.
- Captain David Ballinger, CD, MA – Aviator and Aerospace Scientist, Ottawa, Canada
- Jessica Cherry, PhD – Research Scientist and Commercial Pilot, University of Alaska Fairbanks and Northern Science Services
- Michael Gallagher, MD – Rural Family Physician, Alberta Health and Wellness
- Jamie Guined, MEd, MBA, CSCS, FMS – Exercise Scientist, University of Houston / NASA Johnson Space Center
- LTC Tanya Markow, PhD – U.S. Army Aviator / Assistant Professor, United States Military Academy
- Aaron Persad – Research Assistant and PhD candidate, University of Toronto
They join A4H's existing flight members in training to become Research Specialist and Operations Specialist Astronauts for future commercial spaceflight research mission opportunities.
About Astronauts for Hire:
Astronauts for Hire, Inc. (A4H) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit corporation whose objectives are to provide opportunities for students and professionals to develop and refine the skills necessary to become commercial astronauts and to assist these qualified candidates with networking opportunities in the space research community. A4H's commercial astronaut candidates are accomplished scientists and engineers who can support a wide variety of payloads. They are available today for contract and consulting work with researchers to design and conduct experiments on microgravity, suborbital, and orbital missions. For more information, please visit www.Astronauts4Hire.org or contact Public Relations Officer Ben Corbin at media[at]astronauts4hire.org or at (850) 685-2218.
Interested parties can download and distribute the press release as a MS Word or Adobe PDF document.