We want to wish you and your family a happy holiday season and a prosperous new year! With your support, Astronauts for Hire (A4H) had a successful 2013 as it continued to help build the next generation astronaut workforce by providing skills training, networking, and other professional development opportunities to aspiring commercial astronauts. As a 501(c)(3) educational nonprofit, we rely upon the volunteer efforts of our members, generosity of our sponsors, and collaboration with our partners to meet our goals. Some of A4H's achievements over the past year included:
- Releasing a promotional video, highlighting the organization's purpose, services, and activities.
- Holding our first Flight Member selection campaign in two years and choosing six new people to expand A4H's pool of commercial astronaut candidates.
- Publishing the fourth and fifth issues of The A4H News, which continues to grow bigger and better with each installment.
- For the third year in a row, sponsoring the Next-generation Suborbital Researchers Conference in Broomfield, CO, where more than a dozen A4H members and partners presented on a range of topics.
- Holding an art contest during World Space Week 2013 to help inspire youth about space exploration and an online silent auction during Yuri's Night to help raise money and awareness about A4H.
- Signing a services agreement with the NASTAR Center to co-develop training courses, as well as renewing A4H partnerships with all of its training providers.
Training at Survival Systems USA, SIRIUS Astronaut Training, and the NASTAR Center, both in small groups and through larger programs such as the Aerospace Medicine University Program and the UTMB Space Flight Research Program.
- Surpassing the 150-member mark and continuing to grow at a steady rate.
In 2014, we will continue to advance activities that facilitate space research and provide inspiration to aspiring astronauts of all ages. If you believe in the exciting potential of A4H and want to support its innovative role in the commercial spaceflight industry, please consider making a tax-deductible year-end gift to help lay a strong foundation for A4H in 2014. Just click the "Donate" button on our website, or contact us.
Thank you for your continued support of Astronauts for Hire and the growth of the commercial spaceflight industry!
With warm regards,
President & CEO
Astronauts for Hire